Saturday 31 December 2011

User-Defined Keyboard Shortcuts



This is a feature I use all the time in Microsoft Word. It comes in handy when I'm doing an interview and people are using long words. I tend to type abbreviations just to keep up and these autocorrections save me having to fix it later. Under autocorrect, I have shortcuts, like 'biz' is automatically converted to 'business' and 'dev' is 'development.'

iOS 5 has something similar. Go into your Settings menu, pick General, then Keyboard. At the bottom is a prompt to add a new shortcut. Just type in the word or phrase that deserves a shortcut, and then plug in the shortcut itself.

It won't spare you the embarrassment of Autocorrect's interesting and dubious choices, but it will make typing easier and faster.






No comments:

Post a Comment